|Address||1060 Howard Street, 3rd Floor (between 6th & 7th Streets)|
The Disability Evaluation & Advocacy Program (DEAP) operates within the San Francisco Department of Public Health, Community Programs.
DEAP works with the chronically homeless and disabled clients assisting them in accessing and retaining federal disability benefits, social services, and medical and psychiatric care.
DEAP is a multidisciplinary team comprised of benefits advocates, psychologists, a social worker, a physician, and clerical staff.
· To provide quality SSDI/SSI applications and advocacy for adults with disabling conditions that have lasted or are expected to last at least 12 or more months.
· To gather and develop medical & mental health evidence in support of the disability claim.
· To advocate for the client with the local, state, and federal entitlement programs
· To provide linkages for clients to medical, psychiatric, and substance abuse treatment
· SSDI/SSI advocacy for initial & reconsideration applications · Case management (including Spanish & Cantonese speaking) throughout the disability application process
· Medical and psychological evaluations
· Information and referrals when appropriate
· Inter-agency support and training in SSI/SSDI criterion & form completion
Address 1060 Howard Street, 3rd Floor (between 6th & 7th Streets)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30
Summary: See article